RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF GREEN VALLEY DEMOCRATS
The Newsletter and Update are emailed twice a month and contain weekly/monthly events, election information, community events and more. To receive both, send your name and e-mail address to the Club here and you will be added to our mailing list.
Green Valley Democrats have a YouTube Play List of past special and monthly speakers, candidates and events which can be found here. Green Valley Democrats have a weekly discussion group, which meets via Zoom on Wednesday mornings from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. No outside reading is required. It is a discussion of the events of the week and needs only your assessment of the events. To learn more, contact Dean Chaussee here.
Request to Speak
The Request to Speak system is one of the most effective ways to communicate your views to our state legislators. Using this system, from your computer, you can indicate your support or opposition to bills under consideration by state legislative committees. You can vote a simple “for” or “against” or “neutral”, and optionally add comments. You can also sign up to speak in person.
In order to use the system, you must create an account and have it activated either at the state capitol or at a kiosk in Tucson. However, several organizations will do the activation for you. Civic Engagement Beyond Voting (https://www.cebv.us/rts.html) is one organization which will facilitate the process.
Once you are registered, the organization’s staff will send you a confirmation. Then you can login to the Request to Speak system and change your temporary password.
To use the system:
1. Go to: https://apps.azleg.gov/
2. Sign in–upper right-hand corner–and then click the “Request to Speak” button.
3. Now on the left-hand side you should see some options, click on “New Request.”
4. You can now search for a bill. The easiest way to do this is to already know the bill number. You can browse the options under the ‘Bill Inquiry’ Section.
5. Once your bill comes up, you will see ‘Add Request’ in a blue box on the right-hand side of the search results. Click this.
6. From here you can take a position (for, against, neutral), make sure to select NO to “Do you wish to speak” unless you plan on showing up in Phoenix, and then you can leave a brief comment.
AREA DEMOCRATIC CLUBS & OTHER ORGANIZATIONS