Welcome to Green Valley Democrats!
We are a community organization that stimulates and promotes democratic values, by offering educational and action opportunities. Please join us!
Check back soon for June Programs
Sign up HERE for the weekly Arizona Legislative Update
Request to Speak
The Request to Speak system is one of the most effective ways to communicate your views to our state legislators. Using this system, from your computer, you can indicate your support or opposition to bills under consideration by state legislative committees. You can vote a simple “for” or “against” or “neutral”, and optionally add comments. You can also sign up to speak in person. Read More
In order to use the system, you must create an account and have it activated either at the state capitol or at a kiosk in Tucson. However, several organizations will do the activation for you. Civic Engagement Beyond Voting (https://www.cebv.us/rts.html) is one organization which will facilitate the process.
Once you are registered, the organization’s staff will send you a confirmation. Then you can login to the Request to Speak system and change your temporary password.
To use the system:
1. Go to: https://apps.azleg.gov/
2. Sign in–upper right-hand corner–and then click the “Request to Speak” button.
3. Now on the left-hand side you should see some options, click on “New Request.”
4. You can now search for a bill. The easiest way to do this is to already know the bill number. You can browse the options under the ‘Bill Inquiry’ Section.
5. Once your bill comes up, you will see ‘Add Request’ in a blue box on the right-hand side of the search results. Click this.
6. From here you can take a position (for, against, neutral), make sure to select NO to “Do you wish to speak” unless you plan on showing up in Phoenix, and then you can leave a brief comment.